Clinical Lab Consulting’s official stance on medicinal Cannabis testing is simple: if it is to be utilized as medicine, it should be held to the same quality standards of a CLIA accredited clinical laboratory.
Over the last 12 years, hundreds of laboratories have entrusted CLC with their federally licensed and accredited testing facilities, and we are prepared to blaze a new trail with Cannabis. CLC has outlined and defined its own set of guidelines for testing compliance, which adhere to and surpass any state level pre-analytic, analytic and post analytic processes. We are currently serving as an advisory committee to multiple states on proper laboratory procedures and ethical standards of Cannabis laboratory testing.
Accurate product labeling, general product quality, and safety monitoring is necessary to protect the consumer and provide added value to producers by bestowing confidence in products offered in the emerging legal cannabis market.
CLC can support new Cannabis testing facilities in the following ways:
- Guide the entire process, including site selection, funding, lobbying efforts and more
- Assist in all regulatory matters and define QA/QC processes and programs
- Proprietary Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and interfacing for reporting and seed-to-sale integration
- CLC is the market leader in liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS) consulting. We have partnered with strong vendors and developed methods that include:
- Potency Testing
- Terpene Profiling
- Pesticide Screening
- Microbiological Contamination
- Residual Solvent Screening
- Heavy Metals Screening
- Water Activity
Existing Cannabis testing facilities can make use of CLC’s unique expertise in the CLIA laboratory regulated space by:
- Assistance with method validation/method optimization
- Development of documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures
- Choosing and validating a Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Workflow optimization assistance
- Creation of a requisition form and final report template
- Establishment of a Quality Control/Quality Assurance program
- Perform mock inspections